static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Friday, October 15, 2004

Voting

The big event for today was the fact that I voted. Yes, I know that election day isn't for 18 days but I am going to be working as an election monitor on November 2. I will be doing my best to ensure that those people that are registered to vote are legally allowed to vote. I will be standing outside a polling area watching for any problems and equipped with a phone a notebook and a camera to document any problems. From what we were told in our training, most problems can be taken care of on-site immediately but we will be equipped with a phone to bring a lawyer in if necessary.

This morning, I had to do a little ballot studying. I have known who I would vote for at the top of the ballot for a while, but when it comes down to the judges, there are so many, I had to look up the recommendations of the Illinois Bar Association. Most of the judges were recommended, but there were four circuit court judges and two sub-circuit judges who were not recommended. I did bring in a paper, to remember who was not recommended. I also wanted to look at the referenda in my precinct and when I did that, I had to try to find an explanation of one of the referenda because, in my opinion, it was vague and poorly worded.

I also received three netflix movies, Hellboy, Thief, and Goodfellas. I have watched Hellboy before (and I watched again tonight) but I really like it and will probably end up buying it eventually.

Tomorrow, I'm going to help a friend of Sharon's with a garage sale benefiting the Kerry/Edwards campaign in swing states.

And thats the news for tonight, October 15, 2004, goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home