static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Chicago Marathon

The Chicago Marathon was today and Kenyan, Evans Rutto won his 2nd straight Chicago Marathon and 3rd straight marathon in a time of 2:06:16. He ran his first marathon in Chicago last year and won with a time of 2:05:50 and won the London Marathon in April with a time of 2:06:18. Romanian, Constantina Tomescu-Dita was the first woman to cross with a time of 2:23:45 despite having spent the last several days in bed with the flu. Both winners will take home $125,000. I also had four friends running the marathon this year, Jennifer, Brenda, Chris, and Mark. I know them all through SASC and I would post their results as well as a form of congratulations but the online search seems not to be working. I worked in the medical tent today doing data input for the patients that were seen but we seemed to have database problems several times as well.

The database seems to be back so I will try to make all of my friends famous.
Jennifer Cichowski 5:41:46
Chris Bersaw 5:44:48
Mark Tisdahl 6:07:06
Brenda Schrohe 4:52:52

Congratulations to all of you.

I was supposed to be in the medical tent at 9 AM this morning and I would have made it if it had been a little easier to figure out how I was supposed to get there. The medical tent was within a secure area that you had to have a card to get into. I went to the information tent to find out where I needed to go and they didn't know. They did suggest Balbo, where the Medical tent was though. I went to Balbo and there didn't seem to be a gate, so i kept walking. I walked all the way around to the other side where the Medical tent was and was told again that I had to come in on the other side. It took me about half an hour to walk all the way around the compound. I also stopped to talk to security at every entrance and kept getting referred to someone else. I finally got back to the west side of Columbus and Balbo and saw that there was a security guard there. I conviced him to let me in but it stilll took me another 15 minutes to find the woman that I was supposed to check in with. Luckily nothing was happening yet. When we started getting busy we also had the server crash and then start doing some strange things after it was back up. After everything was said and done, in the 6 hours I was there, 8 of us input conclusively about 400 patient records. I say conclusively because there were about 100 that were input and seemed to go into limbo. The records may eventually show up but they hadn't by the time we shut down.
Needless to say, this made me pretty tired. I met a lot of great people, but the work was positively enervating.

I will finish this here. Tomorrow, I am going to see a very crass puppet show movie by the creators of South Park (Team America: World Police).


Post a Comment

<< Home