static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Friday, October 08, 2004

Reprieve

I planned today to get my apartment immaculate for Kim's visit. Not because I care what she thinks about my place, it's simply a matter of personal pride. I would attempt to clean my place no matter who was coming over and no matter if I had already cleaned it. I even went to Home Depot to get the stuff I needed to repair my futon (one of the slats in the seat was broken) So, I repaired my futon and started cleaning up. While I was eating dinner, I checked my email and saw that she was going to have to cancel. This didin't bother me for more than one reason. The fact that she isn't coming though will give me the opportunity to more thoroughly clean my place. It is relatively neat already but it will give me the opportunity to clean those places where nobody is going to look anyway.

The fact that she isn't coming also gave me the opportunity to watch the second presidential debate. I have to say that Kerry again won this one. Bush avoided the monkey faces this time but he came off as very angry in several of his responses. It was very obvious that he was losing his cool when he wouldn't let the moderator moderate. There were times when Kerry didn't answer the question, but Bush was even worse. His (Bush's) responses were also positively mantra-like in that he kept repeating the same thing. When he got a question that he couldn't answer well, he went on the attack and this happened often. I have to say that Kerry's answers on his positions on embryonic stem-cell research and abortion were great.

I finally heard about my volunteering at the Marathon. Luckily, I won't have to arrive until 9 AM on Sunday. I'll still have to go to church on Saturday night, but at least I won't have to get up at 4:45 AM to get there at 6:30 AM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home