static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

My only free night this week.

I finished the lab portion of that project at work that was totally drying my skin out. I had to compare the attrition of several different samples hydrated to 32% by weight. This involved loading a 30 gram sample into a 20 mesh screen cylinder surrounded by a steel cylinder and shaking it for 30 minutes. I then screened the fines and remaining beads through an 80 mesh screen. Several of these samples produced a lot of dust and as what we manufacture are basically dessicants, after working with the stuff for 8 hours, my hands and lips were so dry they felt like they were going to peel off. I am done with all of the attrition testing itself, now all I have to do is make a spreadsheet of the numbers that I got from the testing I did so they can be compared. This work has taken about a week between sample preparation, shaking, and separation. I'm glad I'm done. Today is going to be my one free day this week, so I decided to just take it easy. I did have to do a little housework and cook and I am going to try to call someone who I consider a friend whose having a bit of a rough time. Admittedly the friendship does seem to be a bit one way at times but I don't do casual friendships. It does take something from the other person in order to start the friendship but if I become friends with someone, I will anything within my moral code for them and I will always be there if they need help. I am nothing if not reliable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home