static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Where did the day go?

Its amazing how busy you can be and still accomplish nothing. I took today as a day of rest because I have been incredibly busy this week and will be again tomorrow. Tuesday was book club, Wednesday was Ash Wednesday, Thursday I helped hang the Critical Mass Art Show and on Friday was the Critical Mass Art Show. I have worked three days in the last week collecting and hanging the art and saw some really cool stuff. I did see some stuff that really interested me so much that I was interested in buying but the show does not work like a typical gallery show. In a typical gallery show, the gallery works as the go-between between the buyer and the seller. The High School Gallery, where the show was, is not a typical gallery. It acts as a collective (not for profit) and is simply a space for artists to show their work. If an artist wants to sell their work, the buyer and seller have to meet and work out the terms between themselves. Unfortunately, the artist that did the work that I was most interested in (that was for sale) didn't come to the show, so while she had a price, there was no one there to take my money. There was another work that I saw and was interested in and I talked to the artist and we talked about a price, but she left before I decided. The show was a lot of fun, I got to hang out with a lot of my friends and meet several other people.

Today, I started going through my email, which I had neglected for several days, and when I saw that was going to take a while, I went to pay some bills, bought groceries, and got my car washed. I then came back and finished going through my email and perused the message boards of a website that I am active on. I finally watched a couple of episodes of Dead Like Me on DVD which brings us up to now. Tomorrow, I am going to help with a Chinese New Year Celebration with Sunny Ridge, a charity that provides pregnancy counseling and adoption assistance.

Movie: Dead Like Me (Season 1, episodes 2 and 3) (5 stars)
Music: Dollars and Cents - Radiohead
Book: America (the Book)
Iraq: February - 17
Total - 1457

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home