static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Monday, September 26, 2005

Saturday

I wanted to write this yesterday but I have fallen a day behind. There were some things that I saw today that I wanted to talk about so this may be a long post. I made the statement about having a lot of things to talk about and yet I am still talking about nothing, let us start.

On Saturday, I had a very long day. I left my house at 7:30 AM to go to the Shedd Aquarium. The Multiple Sclerosis Society had a family day for their clients. People with MS and their families got a free day at the Shedd if they were registered with the Multiple Sclerosis Society. I volunteered to help where needed and ended up being part of the welcome crew. We welcomed people, directed them where to go, and helped them with their wheelchairs if they needed it. It was a very fulfilling experience and to show their thanks, we were given a gift bag with a paperweight, a shell, some chocolate, and a rubber wristband for the MS Society. We were also fed lunch and given an all access pass for the rest of the day. A few of us looked at several exhibits on the main floor, saw the dolphin show, and then went to the reef exhibit. It is very cool. They have sharks. We left the Aquarium at about 2:30 PM. I had several hours to kill before I was going to go to the Museum of Science and Industry to see Redmoon Theatre's latest spectacle so I just rode with a friend as he dropped off a fellow volunteer. He dropped me off at Millenium Park about 5 minutes before it started raining. We knew it was about to rain and he actually offered me an umbrella but I stupidly decided against it. Having said this, I didn't really get wet. I hung out under an awning until I realized that the underground parking garage was close to Lower Randolph. I figured if I could get there, there were a lot of places I could get to. I didn't get to any of the lower roads but I did find a pedway that went all over the place. I walked to Marshall Field's and then to the el. I figured that riding the el could kill some time. I rode to Midway and back and then went to Border's. I ended up hang out there for a couple of hours reading Terry Pratchett's new novel, Thud! I then made it down to the Museum of Science and Industry. So the show was great. It was about a group of people living on a town that has been flooded. The sets were great, the costumes were great, the music was great, and the plot was about being a good neighbor. After the play, I came home and crashed. I got home at about 11 PM. It was a long day but it was very good.

I happened to find an online magazine today that cracked me up, Failure Magazine. It is as it sounds, a magazine about failures. The man of the year last year was the Bush Administration and they announced that they are far and away the front-runner this year. The magazine has sections on Arts and Entertainment, History, Business, Science & Technology, and Sports. The failures that this magazine list are more about failures of our society than an individual idiot.

Don Adams, the actor that played Maxwell Smart, also known as Agent 86 on the 1960's comedy, "Get Smart",on NBC, died Sunday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center of a lung infection. He was 86. Adams played Smart from 1965 until 1969 on NBC. It moved to CBS in 1970 for a year and then was revived on Fox in 1994.

In Iraq, the American casualty count is up to 36 for September and 1920 in total.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home