static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Still Down

Again, as I am still having to write this somewhere other than my own computer, I am pressed for time so this will be quick. I haven't done much volunteering lately although I do have a benefit for United Cerebral Palsy on Friday. I have been doing a lot of reading and movie watching lately. In the last week I have finished We Thought You Would Be Prettier by Laurie Notaro, Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi, Pagan Babies by Elmore Leonard, and am presently working on Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. I have also watched a documentary about Noam Chomsky, Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media, a documentary about the Dandy Warhols and the Brian Jonestown Massacre called Dig!, the Oscar winner for 2004's Best Picture (among others), Million Dollar Baby, and an indie film starring Hope Davis and Campbell Scott called The Secret Lives of Dentists.

Every year, after the Nobel Prizes have been awarde, Harvard University awards the Ig Nobel prizes. Awards for research that at first is seemingly ridiculous but can actually have a point. I found the fluid dynamics winner for this year to be pretty funny, check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home