static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Monday, October 18, 2004

An interesting turn of events

I usually carry my cell phone on me, but when I forget to pick it up in the morning, it may be a couple of days before I remember to pick it up. I plugged my phone in Saturday night, didn't take it to church with me because I live close to church and I find it incredibly disrespectful when I hear a phone go off in church. I forgot to pick it up after I got home and then went to my sister's house. I again forgot to pick it up this morning when I went to work. When I came home for lunch today, I made a point of picking it up and noticed that I had a voicemail message. I checked it and found out it was my oldest friend, Guy. The gallery he is showing at in Chicago has decided to extend his run and the opening for his new show is Friday. I now know what I will be doing on Friday.

I called him up tonight from my sister's house and caught up. It seems that while there is nothing firm on his table at the moment, there are a lot of maybes. I mentioned, in our conversation that my friend Sharon was presently unemployed. He suggested that he would be happy for her to do some promotional work for him and if he got a big job he would cut her in for 30%. The thing about this though is that she will have to see his work and meet him. Hopefully, she can come with me Friday to the show. I will tell her about this on Wednesday when I drop off the books and CD's that I'm giving to her to sell.

Tomorrow, I'm going to the Hideout Volunteer party. Free food and beer at a neighborhood bar for two hours. It should be a lot of fun.

And so ends this blog entry. Goodnight to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home