static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

A very uneventful evening...

I went to the Hideout Volunteer Party tonight. It was at a neighborhood bar called the Chipp Inn which is one block behind the Aesthetic Eye Gallery. I went hoping that I would see some of the people that I worked with. Katy and Tim Tuten were there but that was to be expected because they own The Hideout. Pat Lee, one of the senior people with Tuesday's Child, who was also the one of the volunteer coordinators for the Hideout Clock Party was also there with her husband. I said "Hi" to her but that was the only substantive thing that I said tonight. Neither of the girls that I worked with was there. The only other person I talked to was the bartender to ask for a Honker's Ale and a guy sitting at a table with an empty chair to ask if he minded if I sat. The beer and food were free. They had Goose Island Honker's Ale and 312 and Warsteiner on tap and the food that was served was a very good Mexican buffet. They had tortilla chips and guacamole, sesame chicken, spanish rice, black beans, tortillas, a vegetable dish (yellow peppers, zucchini, squash, onions, and tomatoes), and chicken and peppers. I enjoyed the food but I really had no one to socialize with. Everyone that was there seemed to know someone and was talking with them. I stuck around for about an hour and watched some of the ball game and then decided to go home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home