static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Plans Change

I was going to be going to Washington D. C. tonight so that I could attend the inaugural parade tomorrow. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make the arrangements that I was going to have to make. I didn't make arrangements to take a bus, which probably would have been better, so I was going to have to drive. Driving tonight, I wasn't going to need a room but I was going to need a place to crash until I could go to the Mall. I wasn't even going to try to drive into D.C. I was going to have to find a place in the burbs. This obviously didn't happen. I was going to the inauguration as a protester but I imagine that people that know me and have read this might have guessed this. The policies that this president has enacted and has tried to enact policies that I think are wholly unamerican. I have done what I could to try to prevent radical changes from occurring. I have sent letters and participated in protests in order to voice my displeasure. I got arrested while participating in an antiwar protest on the day after the war. While I didn't like getting arrested, I'm not sorry I did it. Going to Washington, I would have been able to participate in a massive protest to object to the direction this president is trying to take us. I wasn't going to doing anything radical or violent. I was just going to turn my back to the presidential parade. I don't think that this would have gotten me arrested, but I would just put up with it if I was.
While I won't be going to Washington, I will be going to an anti-inaugural ball and art show in Chicago. It will allow me to voice my displeasure with our CEO President and probably won't get me arrested.

In Iraq, 3 more people have lost their lives. This brings the total for January to 37 and the total for the war to 1370. We are right in line to have between 70 and 80 soldiers give their lives for this worthless idea for this month. Hopefully this will end soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home