static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Another Weekend

The cold that I thought I had beaten has nailed me hard today. I had a very busy weekend which could have led to a pretty long post, but I feel like hell so this will probably be pretty short.

Friday was the closing show for the Critical Mass Art Show and it was a lot of fun. I got to talk to several of my friends about a variety of things and my new friend Brandon, who is the definition of cool, gave me another CD of his music. He uses a lot of drone effects and feedback and reminds me (kind of ) of My Bloody Valentine. The only downer was when someone walked off with Kathy Schubert's backpack. Kathy is an icon in the Chicago biking community and one of the nicest people you could meet. The fact that someone decided to steal from her pissed a lot of people off.

Yesterday, I started by paying some bills and doing laundry, pretty mundane stuff. My afternoon was spent having a very nice lunch with someone and the day finished with grocery shopping and going to see the movie Sideways. I really liked it. It had a very dark streak to it but it had a hopeful ending. While I generally dislike a happy ending on a dark movie, I think that usually it feels tacked on, the ending fit very well.

Today was a day of rest. I really did nothing today and I am going to watch the Oscars tonight. As usual, I am sure that there will be some awards that I will be disapointed with, but I really like the show anyway.

Book: Last Call - Laua Pedersen
Music: Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus
Iraq: February - 55
Total - 1495

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home