static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Monday, February 14, 2005

An odd one

Regular readers of this blog might notice that my updates vary by the day. Sometimes my updates are personal, some relate to the oddball things that happen in life, and some are related to the political situation in the United States that I am opposed to. While I might know what I'm going to write about before I start writing, I couldn't give anyone a schedule as to what I'm going to write about on any given day. Having said that, I probably talk about most of my charity stuff during the weekend because that's when I do most of it. So what am I going to talk about tonight? I guess some personal stuff which I have just talked about, some charity stuff, and definitely some oddball stuff. So I mentioned yesterday that I did a Chinese New Year celebration. This was with SASC, a group that I have been with for about 20 months. They provide volunteers to various nonprofits for various events. While I was there, a couple of my friends that were there told me about another group that essentially does the same thing. SASC has been pretty slow, so people have been looking for another place to do things. The group is called One Brick, and from what I have seen, it looks pretty good.

The big winner at the Grammys last night was Ray Charles. I was very happy to see that Loretta Lynn and Kanye West won at least one, although the winner of the Best New Artist Grammy, Maroon5, thought that Kanye West should have won that Grammy as well.

A story in the Chicago Tribune today just cracked me up. A pet turtle and hamster were also part of the haul of three burglars in Chicago on Sunday. The burglars also stole three fake furs, a playstation2, some jewelry, and money. They caught two of the burglars, who were brothers, at their home. They later implicated a third burglar who was picked up later that night. I keep trying to go through why they would think that stealing a turtle or a hamster might be a good idea. What is the black market value for a hamster or a turtle?

Music: I'm Old Fashioned - John Coltrane
Movie: Dead Like Me (season 1, episode 4 and 5) (5 stars)
Iraq: February -22
Total - 1462

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home