static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Monday, February 20, 2006

A good weekend

I had a very good weekend albeit very busy. On Saturday, I volunteered at the Greater Chicago Food Depository. I like doing the food depository because you can definitely feel like you have done something after finishing. We did one of the bigger jobs although it also is one of the jobs that requires the least amout of effort. We sorted bread. We were supposed to be there from 1:15 PM until about 4 PM but for whatever reason, we worked until about 4:30 or a quarter to 5. It was all right, they needed us and we provided them some assistance. Afterwards we went to a pretty good Mexican restaurant. I think that it was called Cuculo's but I'm not sure. I left there, went home, burned a CD, and left to meet my friend Lacey and her boyfriend Andy. I won a free pass to a show that was part of the newly formed League of Chicago Music Venues, the Hawk Winter Music Fest. My ticket was for a show at the Empty Bottle with the Dials, the Negligents, and the Returnables. I thought that I had seen the Dials, but apparently I hadn't. While I thought every band was good, I managed to get all of their names confused. The Dials are a kickass post-punk girl group. The Returnables were the Indie rock band that had some great harmonies, and the Negligents did some great old school punk. While I generally go out to concerts by myself, it was nice to have company even if we couldn't really talk (noise).

Sunday, I went to my sister's house to celebrate my nephew's 5th birthday. I was going to get him Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit but somebody else got it for him. I will keep the DVD myself and find something else for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home