static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Monday, August 15, 2005

Vacation

Yes, I know. It's been over a week since I have updated. I was on vacation in Michigan (at my parents' house) and while I did have internet access, I have a hard enough time keeping up with my email let alone updating my blog. I always had stuff to do and people to see, so I didn't have time to spend on the net. I had a wedding to attend on one weekend and a family reunion on the next so I decided to spend the week there. Gas is too expensive and I had been very busy prior to my time off so I decided it would be a good time to take off. It would also save me on gas. The wedding I went to was my sister Kathryn's best friend Deanna. Kathryn has known her for about 10 years so she has known me for about as long. I suppose I'm like her big brother so I got invited. The vacation was nice, I got to relax, spend a good amount of time with my family members, and see some people that I didn't expect to see. I ran into Melissa Kinney at church. I had seen her at church a few months ago but it's still a trip to see her. I hadn't seen her in about 22 years when I first ran into her. She is now married, has a daughter that will be 1 on the 17th (my sister Tracy's birthday) and is still very nice looking. I saw my friend Guy of course, after knowing him for 25 years, he might as well be family but I also met three young artists who are doing a fellowship at Northwood University. Vanessa is a dancer and composer of some rather Baroque music, Carly is a filmmaker, and Lacey is a metal worker. Lacey also lives in Chicago and has a taste in music like I do. We ended up exchanging about 10 CDs. I also saw Guy's older brother, Jacques, his wife Kari, and their daughter Ashton. It was good to see him as I don't get to see him often enough. They are now living in Hawaii, where Jacques works in computer security. I have no idea how much I can say about that so I will leave it at that.

The family reunion, which essentially ended my week, was small.

I drove home on Sunday, went back to work today, picked up 10 bottles of wine for my brother, Marty, which he had one at a wine auction, and ended the day with our monthly book club meeting where we nominally discussed David Sedaris' book, Me Talk Pretty One Day. Bottom line about the book, it was pretty good and funny, there just wasn't much to discuss about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home