static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Lots to say, little energy

I have been pretty busy of late so i have either been busy doing something or busy recovering. I will be busy every day for the next week so I figured I should write something while I have the time. Sunday's show with Lou Barlow was excellent. It reminded me, sort of , of Bob Mould's most recent tours in that it was just he, a guitar, and an ancient keyboard. Lou talked a lot and did songs from several of his post-Dinosaur, Jr. incarnations. His opening act did a good 45 minutes, but Lou did 2 hrs and 15 minutes. It was very simple but it was very cool. I got home really late on Sunday, so I didn't feel like doing anything on Monday and yesterday, I had a very nice phone call. I am going to be busy every day for the next week except Friday visiting friends, protesting (2nd anniversary of the Iraq war is on Saturday), or volunteering.

It has been over a year and not much has been heard about them lately, but the Mars Rovers, Spirit and Opportunity, are still going and sending back data. The rovers were predicted to have lasted 3 months but have quadrupled that time and recently a dust devil apparently increased the life of Spirit by cleaning off the rovers' solar panels.

I really do not understand those people that see a homosexual agenda in everything. Jerry Falwell, accused the Teletubbies of being gay because one apparently carried a purse. Last year, James Dobson, of Focus on the Family accused SpongeBob Squarepants of being gay because he held hands with another male character. Marshall Fields, every Christmas season, does a series of wind recreating a famous fairy tale. This year it was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Marshall Fields received several complaints about the fact that the seven dwarves being gay because they all live together and sleep in the same room. This is so ridiculous. Why would someone be so homophobic? If they are so worried about what two people are doing in the privacy of their own home, I have to wonder what their private lives are like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home