static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

WLUW

I don't seem to know how to slow down when I'm home. I'm so busy that even when I get to spend a day at home (after work), the things that show up on those days that I am doing something are waiting for me and so I'm still busy. I had a pretty busy day at work, after which I came home, changed my clothes and went to WLUW. They are doing their semi-annual pledge drive and I said I would help by answering phones. I really like WLUW. While they are on the campus of Loyola University, and most of what they play could be considered college music, they are not supportesd by Loyola. They are run by the local NPR station and have to raise their money the same way, pledge drives. While I was there, I met one of the DJs. Her name is Katherine and she does a pretty cool show. It normally runs Saturday mornings from 6-9 AM but she switched with another DJ and is running her show tonight. I am listening to it right now and I like it. It is truly free-form, she has played The Arcade Fire, Teenage Fanclub, Psychedelic Furs, Aretha Franklin, and the New York Dolls. Where else would you here this?

I haven't talked about the war in a while. Its still going on and most people think its a bad idea to be there. The President and his cronies are still in denial that this was a bad idea and therefore are denigrating the sacrifice that too many of our military members have made. Last year at about this time 914 American military had died in Iraq. That number has more than doubled in the last year and now stands at 1856. I had been naming the soldiers that had been killed but I stopped in February. I will start with March tomorrow or Thursday.

Casualties by month:
March - 36
April - 52
May - 80
June - 78
July - 54
August - 57

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home