static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Kabul House

Hey look at this, I'm actually writing on a weekend. I did my first extended bike ride of the season yesterday and it was great. It really wasn't that far (21 miles) but it was quite a bit further than I have biked this season. My legs were/are fine and as usual, the place where I got my tightness was between my shoulder blades. I am going to do "Bike the Drive" next weekend and I am confident that I will be fine. It is 30 miles but it will probably be slower than I usually ride and there are breaks about every seven miles.

I have mentioned that that my New Years Resolution was to eat at at least two restaurants where I have not yet eaten a month. Yesterday was my restaurant day. I had been planning on going to Gale Street Inn, but decided that the majority of the restaurants that I had been going to have been relatively mundane and while Gale Street Inn is supposed to be really good, it is also pretty ordinary. I decided to go to a restaurant that has been on my list for a while but keep on forgetting about, Kabul House which, as you may expect, serves Afghani fare. I had no idea what Afghani fare was going to be like but, it turns out, it is like a cross between Middle Eastern and Indian cuisine. There are a lot of Kebab and rice dishes on the menu and the main meats are chicken and lamb. I tried something that was a lamb dish with rice and garnished with pared carrots and raisins. It was really good, the price was right and I ended up taking about half of it home. I will definitely have to go there again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home