static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Monday, June 05, 2006

Past weekend

I didn't do everything that I wanted to do this weekend but I did have a good time. I went, on Friday, to see Jonathan Alter, the Editor of Newsweek, talk to Jeffrey Hiller, the publisher of the Chicago Tribune, about Alter's new book about FDR's first 100 days. I am not an FDR scholar but it was very interesting and I liked the comparisons that came up comparing FDR and the current president in how they do different things.

Saturday, I went to the Choke, Inc. Garage Sale where for $5, I could fill a plastic grocery bag with CDs and other music memoribilia. I stuck strictly with CDs and ended up with 41. I did take a chence on many CDs because even if I'm wrong, I've only spent about $0.12/CD. I haven't nearly made it through the CD's so far, I have only listened to 14 and there was only one that I thought was total crap. 8 I have liked, 3 were OK, and 2 were positively mediocre. If things continue this way, I will have done pretty well. I was going to go to the Printer's Row Book Fair but it took me a while to go through all of the boxes of CDs, carrying them around they were pretty heavy, and I didn't feel like carrying them around more than I had to,

I also didn't go to either book fair on Sunday simply because I didn't think I had the time. Yesterday, we met for our monthly book club meeting and we discussed Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult.

Overall, it was a good weekend although I did get sore from carrying the CDs. It was OK though because I made out like a bandit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home