static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Monday, July 31, 2006

Pitchfork, Day 2

Yesterday was day 2 of the Pitchfork Music Festival and while I thought it good, for me at least, it was much more polarizing. Yesterday had my favorite bands and one which I have to say I really didn't like, that would be The Liars. My day didn't start out the greatest, I left just before 12 and it was raining which was a good thing because it cooled things off. I was almost to the train station when I realized that I had forgotten my phone. I went back to get it and arrived to a long wait for the train. While I wasn't tremendously interested in Tapes 'n Tapes, I really wanted to see Jeff Parker (Tortoise) and Nels Cline who were going to be performing on the Biz 3 Stage. I luckily arrived just in time to see Jens Lekman who I really did want to see. He is a Swedish singer/songwriter with a great sense of humor and a a very friendly stage presence. I spent most of the day bouncing between the main stages although I did stop over to Biz 3 briefly to catch part of Cage's act. As I said, I missed the first two acts on the mains stages but I caught at least part of 8 of the remaining 9 sets. I stepped away during Devendra Banhart's set so I could get something to eat and to make sure I was close for Yo Lat Tengo on the other stage. My favorites of the day were Mission of Burma, even in their late 40's, these guys can kick some serious ass, Jens Lekman as I mentioned before, and Yo La Tengo, equal parts beauty and noise with enormous skill. I did stick around briefly to catch the beginning of Os Mutantes but I was really tired and they just weren't that interesting to me. Overall, it was a great day and now I have 4 days until Lollapalooza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home