static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

He did it

I thought that I had posted about this guy before but apparently, I haven't. Kyle MacDonald started with one red paperclip and through a series of trades on Craigslist, he parleyed that into a house. I first came across his story when he had gone from his red paperclip to a fish pen to a really ugly ceramic doorknob to a coleman stove to a small generator to one instant party (a neon Budweiser sign, a beer keg, and an IOU to fill the keg), a snomobile from a famous Quebecer (Kyle is also from Quebec), a trip to Yahk, BC, a moving van, a recording contract, and a year of free rent in Phoenix, AZ. He has since traded his rental in Phoenix for an afternoon with Alice Cooper, a Kiss Snowglobe, a movie role from Corbin Bernsen, which the small town of Kipling, Saskatchewan traded for a house. While some of the trades seem to me a bit ridiculous, the people that traded with Kyle were not cheated and everyone got something that they wanted. This really reminds me of my brother, Marty although while Marty has made some good deals, he has not yet parleyed a paperclip into a house. Anyway, Congratulations, Kyle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home