static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Monday, October 30, 2006

Election Day

Today was election day for me. I voted because I will be working as an election judge outside of my precinct so I will not be able to vote then. While I did research most posts, I was a little lacking in the lesser positions of county government. I did however look at the judges ratings from various bar associations to try to determine who the people that worked with the judges most thought were the most qualified for their positions. Being a liberal Democrat, I could have just walked in and voted for a straight Democratic ticket. But I don't think a one party government is good anywhere. For those positions that I voted for that I felt informed, I did examine all candidates. As it was, I didn't vote a straight party line which is all that I am going to reveal because I don't think it's anyone's business.

Now that I have voted, I can spend the next week reading my election judge book. I don't think it will be a terribly hard job, but I do think that I should be as prepared as I can be. I do plan on brining my book with me, but it will help, if I have a problem, to have an idea as to where to look.

I hope that everyone qualified, takes their responsibility seriously and votes. This is a very important election.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home