static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

News

I was looking at my blog earlier because I was wondering how I had managed to post so often and saw that a lot of my posts were about news stories that I happened to find interesting or funny. There were several stories about deer and volcanoes for whatever reason so today I will talk about deer and volcanoes.

First off, I have heard many stories of deer finding themselves in a persons domicile. When I was a teenager, a deer ran through my grandmother's neighbors house. When I was in college, I worked as a mosquito sprayer for Clarke Environmental Mosquito Management. I was driving in a subdivision next to a forest preserve in Glenview and there were deer in someone's front lawn. Aparrently I spooked it, because it jumped through the picture window. Now, on Monday morning, a spooked deer in Racine, Wisconsin jumped through a family's window and ran through the apartment before becoming trapped in the bathroom. Unfortunately, the family dog was also in the bathroom and was kicked unconscious. The deer's kicking also turned on the water which ultimately flooded the apartment. Police got the dog out of the bathroom and anesthesized the deer to remove it.

I have talked several times about Mt. St. Helens since it started erupting in September 2004. As of late it continues with its low level volcanic activity. A volcano in Indonesia, Mount Merapi, has started erupting spewing lava and gas. Indonesian officials have mobilized to evacuate 11,000 people.

One other thing, today is June 6, 2006, or 06/06/06 and it doesn't mean anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home