static

static, interference, intervention, intervene, get involved so as to alter or hinder an action, white noise, snow, fuzz, fuzzy, Fuzzy, ME

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Timing

Saturday afternoon, I volunteered at The OldTown School of Folk Music's Folk and Roots Festival. The Festival ran from about noon to 9 PM on Saturday and Sunday. I only had to volunteer from 4 PM to 7 PM, but because of that I got free admission free food, and free beer. The music was pretty good with a wide variety of stuff from folk to country to bluegrass to zydeco to blues. While I really enjoyed the music after we finished, I was becoming engrossed in a conversation with a couple of women and another guy. There were about 15 of us when we finished that decided to sit together and socialize but by the end it was just the 4 of us. We walked back to the beer tent at the end of things and were slowly making our way past the vendors tents when I had to make a pitstop. I excused myself expecting to meet up with them when I returned but apparently I didn't make that clear because when I returned, they were nowhere to be found. I looked through the vendors tents between the beer tent and just outside the entrance, I returned to where we had been sitting, and I looked in the volunteer tent all to no avail. I was a little embarassed and hoped that they didn't think that I was running off without saying goodbye. I hope that I see them when we do GCFD next Saturday so I can explain myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home